Lessee and Guest Rules: Who can stay at Kamp Dels. 2020
1. Seasonal Site Lessee: A seasonal site is leased to one immediate family. Kamp Dels defines an “immediate family” as an individual or couple, including children under 22 still living at home. Kamp Dels acknowledges that for some, this might include only one person, and for others, it may be more. No additions or substitutions.
2. Campground Wristband Policies: **ALL ADULTS AND CHILDREN ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR CAMPGROUND WRISTBANDS AT ALL TIMES. Upon entering Kamp Dels, EACH family member MUST stop in to have their weekly campground wristband put on by a staff member. Weekly Campground Wristbands are valid Wednesday through Tuesday. Site fee includes campground wristbands for everyone in your “immediate family” as defined in Rule 1. If during any given time, your immediate family is using less than five wristbands, you are entitled to extra campground wristbands, with a maximum of five handed out at one time. These extra campground wristbands can ONLY be used by the lessee’s parents, lessee’s adult children (and their spouses) or the lessee’s grandchildren. If you are leaving during the week, you can check in your campground wristband with one of our Kamp Dels’ Staff Members. This campground wristband will be eligible to be reissued to other family members as stated above.
3. Guests not receiving wristbands in Rule 1 or Rule 2: Your site fee includes 20 complimentary campground wristbands. A complimentary campground wristband is good for one guest for one day, or one guest staying in your trailer for one night, until 2 p.m. the following day. Upon entering the campground, ALL guest(s) must register their vehicle and obtain a campground wristband. To ensure your complimentary campground wristbands are used by the guests of your choice, we will only issue complimentary campground wristbands upon request. All other guests will be charged the Visitor Fee/Extra Person Fee listed in the current pricelist.
4. Extra tents/camping units set up on lessee site: All extra sleeping units (camper/tent) on your site will be charged the normal site (unit) fee, as listed in our current pricelist. The only exception to this is, if only immediate family members defined in rule 1 are staying on the site. All extra units/tents whether free or not must obtain an extra unit tag, prior to set up.
5. No sharing, renting or subleasing of sites allowed: Any party (brother, sister, friend, neighbor, coworker, etc.) using your trailer when you are not here, will be charged the current campsite fee listed in the current pricelist. Exception: Lessee’s adult children (over 23 years of age), or parents, may use your trailer when the lessee is not present at no additional charge, (Maximum of 5 wristbands). These adult children/parents are required to register in the office, obtain a car pass, and have their campground wristbands put on by a staff member, upon entering Kamp Dels. If additional campground wristbands are needed, they can be purchased for the price listed in the current pricelist. No permanent car pass will be issued for adult children or parents.
SEASON DATES • MAINTENANCE • TYPE OF TRAILERS ALLOWED • STRUCTURES ALLOWED
6. Season Dates: Seasonal Opening Date is dependent on the weather and therefore varies each year. We determine the opening date when the conditions are dry and firm enough for car traffic. Opening date will be May 1st, or after. No trailers will be allowed to be moved in the spring until Kamp Dels gives authorization. You will be held responsible for any and all damages to sites and roads if you enter Kamp Dels before the Opening Date, or if you move a trailer before authorization. We cannot predict the weather, so we cannot set exact dates. We will let you know via email the official Opening Date, and the date when trailers are allowed to be moved. Closing Date: If you are not returning for the following year, you must remove your trailer, have your site cleaned up, and returned to its original condition by September 15th. If you are renewing for the following year, closing date is October 1st.
**If you renew your site for the following year and keep your account current, you may leave your trailer on site through the winter at no charge. No storing of boats, docks, lifts, or ANY other items on your site through the winter**
7. Maintenance of Site: Kamp Dels will mow your site as needed (usually once per week) with our seven foot mowing deck, without moving any of your items. You are required to trim mow any areas we are unable to reach with our mower. We will trim any site where the grass/weeds exceed 8 inches. $75.00 will be charged to your account each time we need to trim. If you would like to hire someone to trim mow your site on a weekly basis, please call Doug at (507) 351-6433.
8. Type of Trailers ALLOWED: All seasonal trailers must be neat looking and commercially manufactured. No buses, mobile homes, fish houses, or homemade trailers allowed. Seasonal trailers that are brought into the campground, must be less than 10 years old. All trailers must meet our requirements. We reserve the right to reject any trailer for any reason. Trailers which are showing age or are not properly maintained, will not be allowed to renew the following year.
a) Trailer Length: Your trailer must fit your site with a 5 foot clearance to the road and the rear of your site. The county requires a 10 ft. separation between all campers and decks. Utility hookups and trees will not be moved.
b) Sale of Trailer on Site: You may sell your trailer on site with the new owners keeping your site provided the seasonal site is paid in full, title shown to prove your trailer is less than 10 years old, and your trailer is in good condition. If the trailer is older than 10 years old, you may sell the trailer on site, but the new owners must trade/bring in a trailer that is less than 10 years old within one month of purchase. Kamp Dels must approve any trailer being sold with the site. Prior to the sale, appropriate paperwork must be completed and Kamp Dels must verify the site conforms to current rules and regulations. (Storage boxes, decks, landscaping, etc.). New Owners must agree to bring site to conformity within 30 days of sale. Only ONE 8 ½ x 11 FOR SALE sign is allowed and must be attached to your trailer. Other signage will be taken down and discarded with no reimbursement. Sale of trailer on site requires transfer fee of $300.00 to be paid by seller, prior to the transfer of site.
c) All seasonal Trailers must have Current License Tabs: Trailers without current license tabs will be taxed as personal property, by LeSueur County.
d) No Clothes Washers Allowed in Trailer: We do have a laundry mat on site.
e) Movement of Campers: You are allowed one camper move in/move out per season (Non-Transferrable). Moves that require over ten minutes will be billed at $50.00/half hour. ($50.00 Minimum).
9. Extra Structures allowed on your site:
a)"Neat" Doorstep/Deck: ALL decks need a permit through LeSueur County. You may construct a “neat” doorstep or deck on your site. LeSueur County requires that the deck be no larger than 300 square ft. Kamp Dels requires that it be no wider than 12 feet and no longer than the length of your trailer (which includes any patio blocks that you may add as an extension to your deck). If your deck is taller than 30 inches, you must install handrails for the steps and railings around the edge of the deck. You should build your deck in sections no larger than 8’ x 12’, this will allow you to take apart and move your deck in the future. Leave a 2” gap between your trailer and deck to ease the movement of your trailer in the future. Fill this gap with a removable trim board.
Ø Kamp Dels does not move decks.
b) Minor Landscaping: You may use bark, wood chips, or shredded wood chunks, but decorative rock of any type, or rubber mulch is not allowed. Commercial patio furniture/chairs are permitted at your site as long as they are of a reasonable size, quantity, and are Kamp Dels appropriate.
c) Storage Units and Locations: You may have one or two Rubbermaid storage containers (or the equivalent) on your site with a combined capacity, not to exceed 100 cubic feet. No homemade storage boxes are allowed. Storage units should be placed within your site boundaries next to your trailer, in the most inconspicuous place. This is to maintain visual aesthetics and consideration for your neighbors. Check with management for location approval.
d) No Permanent Screened-In Porches, Gazebos, Bars/Breakfast Bars, Thatched/Shade Umbrellas or TV stands, including Structure Poles: Unique items not listed MAY NOT be allowed. Check with upper management before you buy/install. If an item is installed and not permitted it must be immediately removed. Items not removed will be removed by Kamp Dels and discarded. NO reimbursement will be given. Screened in tents are allowed but must be taken down when you are not here. You are allowed one small dish 18" or smaller for TV service. We prefer these mounted to your deck.
e) Other Structures must remain within Site Boundaries: No structures/fire pits or other permanent items are allowed outside your site boundaries. For site boundary clarification, see management.
f) Boats/Trailers/Extra Vehicles: These items may be kept within your site boundaries while you are here at Kamp Dels. If items do not fit within your site boundaries or you are leaving Kamp Dels, these items must be moved to dedicated storage areas and have a current permit tag. Items without current permit tags will be removed at owner’s expense. You are allowed two vehicles to be parked on your site. Please note: a boat takes the place of one vehicle.
g) Campfire Rings: If you are planning to have a campfire, you must provide your own campfire ring. According to the LeSueur County Regulations, recreational fires can be a maximum of 3’ in diameter.
h) Digging on Site: Contact Management before you dig or drive fence posts into the ground. While digging, if you damage any fiber optic, electrical, cable, sewer, or water lines, you will be required to pay for repairs.
10. Charge Accounts: All Lessees must have a charge account with Debit Card on file. Any and all charges occurred at Kamp Dels will be run on that saved card.
11. Site Fee Includes: Water, Sewer, Wi-Fi (where available) & Cable. NO Wi-Fi boosters, extenders, or rebroadcasters allowed.
a) ADDITIONAL FEES: New Seasonal lessee will be charged a $200.00 estimated electrical fee. Returning lessees estimated electric will be based on their largest amount of usage to date or $200.00, whichever is greater. Yearly updates are sent out at the end of the year. If you have overpaid your account, the following year’s account will be credited (or receive a refund check if requested). If you underpaid, you will receive a bill. Sites currently equipped with a 30 amp hook up will not be converted to a 50 amp hook up.
12. Clean up and Damage Deposit: New Seasonal lessees are required to pay a $200.00 clean up/damage deposit. This deposit is fully refundable with the following conditions: site fee including actual electric usage paid in full, site cleaned up, including but not limited to: removal of deck, block, mulch, and any other debris on site, which must be removed from Kamp Dels premises. REMINDER: Kamp Dels dumpsters are for garbage produced at Kamp Dels ONLY! This does not include unwanted items including bikes, decks, grills, cement blocks, awnings, landscaping materials, and any other items not generated at Kamp Dels. (no carry-in garbage allowed) If you are not planning to return, you must remove your trailer, and have your site cleaned up by September 15th. Kamp Dels reserves the right to bill lessee for any clean up necessary, or damages caused, when you leave.
13. Payments: Two payment plans available.
a) Full Payment: Site fee + estimated electric paid in full by September 1st will receive a $100.00 discount. New Seasonal Guests will be prorated $10 discount/month for payment in full. Payment is for the following season. When paying by credit/debit card, a 3% fee will be added to the total due.
b)Ten Monthly ACH Payments: (Automatic Payment) Due the first of September, October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May, and June. (Note for Renewing Lessee: the December payment will reflect the previous season’s actual electric usage bill or credit). Paperwork required for ACH to be completed. If an ACH Payment is denied by the bank, a $30.00 service fee will be charged to your account.
c) Cancellation Policy: Any amount paid in advance of the due date is refundable with cancellation notice. Seasonal sites are considered rented when paid in FULL. Accounts which are not paid in full by June 1st will be cancelled with no refund of payment. Partial payment does not warrant the use of a seasonal site. Late payments are charged $20.00 plus 1.4% interest per month on the amount past due.
Ø Payments are non-refundable after the due date.
14. Vehicle Passes: You must register your vehicle(s) at the beginning of the season to get your permanent vehicle passes. Once your vehicle(s) are registered, you are no longer required to check in your vehicle(s) at the main office. We allow no more than two yearly vehicle passes per site. If you have more than two vehicles you will need to stop in and get a temporary pass for that vehicle.
15. Campground Pet Policy: Pets are welcome as long as they are on a leash, attended to at all times, and cleaned up after. Dogs that bark or have an aggressive temperament are NOT welcome.
16. Dock/Boat Lift: You may lease a dock location along the shoreline outside our designated dock areas to install a dock and (or) boat lift. You need to carry your own liability insurance, sign our dock contract, and pay current fees prior to installation. All equipment other than stairs, must be removed from the shoreline each fall and stored in the designated dock storage area. See the dock contract for more information at www.kampdels.com. Boat/Boat Trailer parking allowed in designated area only.
17. Quiet hours are STRICTLY enforced from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. All radios must be turned off and T.V.’s muted by 11 p.m.
No refunds if evicted.
18. These rules and regulations will be updated each fall. A notification of the new rules and regulations will be sent out with your renewal notice each August. Please read over the rules carefully. Your signature on your original rules and regulations, along with your payment for the following year will constitute acceptance of any changes.
In our pre and post season please help us supervise our grounds to reduce vandalism.
Kamp Dels is one of Minnesota's favorite campgrounds just waiting for your family and friends to come and enjoy Southern Minnesota Camping at its best. We are located one hour south of the Twin Cities, tucked one mile north of Waterville on the North Shore of beautiful Lake Sakatah.
Kamp Dels is a family-oriented campground that offers many recreational amenities directly on site. We feature pools, interactive waterpark, horseback riding, pony rides, our famous petting zoo, three large playground structures, minigolf, basketball and volleyball courts, racquetball court, fitness center, driving range, tennis, catch and release fishing pond, fishing, pontoons, boats & motors, paddleboats, and much, much more!